Hello, BountyOne community! We’re Blockmason, a world-class developer of blockchain technology focused on building the foundational base-layer frameworks that support the blockchain revolution. Our first product, the Credit Protocol, provides a standardized, secure and reliable means for recording and permanently storing mutually-confirmed debt or credit obligations on the blockchain.
We’re excited to launch a virtual dApp development hackathon with BountyOne, Blockgeeks and YOU!
Your Challenge: Solve A Consumer Finance Problem Using the Credit Protocol
The theme of this hackathon is “consumer finance.” We are challenging you to think of some glaring problem in the consumer finance world that can be solved using blockchain technology.
For example, perhaps you want to fix peer-to-peer lending. Or create a way for individuals to fund each others’ mortgages, instead of banks. Or maybe you want to revolutionize how auto loans work using the Credit Protocol and the blockchain.
You can build a dApp that uses the Credit Protocol to solve a problem in any area of consumer finance. What problem you choose to solve is up to you!
You can learn more about the Credit Protocol and how it works by reading our white paper here: https://www.blockmason.io/cp-whitepaper/
And by reviewing our well-documented Github here: https://github.com/blockmason
For some motivation and ideas, be sure to check out Lndr, the first dApp powered by the Credit Protocol. It’s a bill-splitting/expense-sharing app for iOS and Android which leverages the blockchain to allow friends to quickly record and settle casual debts and IOUs in dozens of currencies. Download it here: https://urlgeni.us/getlndr
Please note that we aren’t expecting you to submit a fully-baked mobile or web app for judging. As time is limited, we encourage you to work more on the underlying technology and its function rather than choosing final colors, selecting fonts or applying another coat of polish. Of course, we do have certain criteria that you must meet in order to qualify for the prizes. But for the most part, submitting a “minimum viable product” is fine.
The prize pool is open to all entrants that submit a functional MVP which meets the judging criteria listed below before the deadline.
● A Grand Prize of 1 ETH will be awarded to the first place participant
● A Runner-up Prize of 0.25 ETH will be awarded to the runner-up
● A Community Choice Award of 0.25 ETH will be awarded to the entry receiving the most community votes
_*note: any entrants wishing to further develop their MVP into a viable commercial technology may apply to receive additional development support, marketing support, access to the BCPT developer staking pool and more. Any post-hackathon support will be discussed privately between the entrant and Blockmason.
The Credit Protocol dApp Hackathon entry period will run from Friday, July 6th 2018 at 12:01 am ET to Friday, July 20th 2018 at 11:59 pm ET.
● All qualifying entries will be judged by our panel no later than Thursday, July 26th 2018.
● The Community Choice Award poll will be open from Monday, July 23rd 2018 to Thursday, July 26th 2018.
● The winners will be announced on Friday, July 27th 2018.
Winning entrants will be contacted for prize payout on Friday, July 27th 2018.
Your entry will be judged on the following criteria:
- Problem + Solution – how significant is the problem your dApp is trying to solve. And how does your dApp propose to solve this problem? Is your dApp an original idea, or a blockchain version of some existing tech?
- Commercial Viability – how likely is it that your dApp could function as a standalone business? Is there a business model or a path to revenue in the future?
- Code Quality + Elegance – how efficient is your dApp at performing its task(s)? Did you do more than use a basic Use Case Authority Contract? Can another developer understand what you are trying to accomplish with your code?
- The End-User Experience – is your dApp easy to use? How does it look, feel and function?
Our esteemed panel of judges from the Blockmason team includes:
● Michael Chin, Chief Executive Officer
● Devin Canterberry, Chief Technical Officer
● William Galebach, Software Engineer
● Erik MacKinnon, Director of Growth
That’s it! Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing what new, unique and interesting dApps the BountyOne community of developers comes up with!